Quality assurance expertise
Craig Allen, FCPA CA FIPA
Craig has extensive, high-level experience and knowledge of the quality standards that apply to Australian accounting practices.
He was one of the original group of reviewers for CPA Australia’s quality assurance program when it was introduced in 1997. He was trained in how to apply and understand risk and quality standards, as well as how to undertake a quality review from start to finish.
Craig held this role as a CPA Australia reviewer for 16 years and also served on the organisation’s Board of Quality Review. During his time on the board, he advised on changes to the program to improve and further its development.
He now provides feedback as required to the APES Board regarding proposed changes to standards.
Public practice principal
As a practice principal for more than 30 years and a public practitioner himself, Craig fully understands the challenges faced by public practitioners and knows what it’s like to undertake quality reviews.
It’s a rare perspective that allows him to not only help his clients pass their quality reviews and prepare compliant APES 320 and APES 325 manuals but to improve their systems and save time and effort in the future.
Engaged and involved
Craig is thoroughly engaged and involved in the quality assurance space for accountants. He’s made presentations at several CPA Australia Discussion Groups on quality assurance, prepared, wrote, and presented two webinars for CPA Australia for two key Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards (APES 320 and APES 325).
- CPA Australia, Fellow Member
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Member
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Mentor
- Institute of Public Accountants, Fellow Member
- CPA Australia Southeast Metro Branch Committee, Committee Member
- Owners Corporation 12 Corporate Drive Heatherton, Chairman
- CPA Australia Victorian Public Practice Committee, Past member
- CPA Australia Board of Quality Review, Past Member
- CA ANZ Victorian Public Practice Panel, Committee member
- Sandhurst Transition Group (Finance, Legal & Insurance team), Committee Member
- Dingley Football Netball Club (2015 &2016), Treasurer and Executive Committee Member
- Youth Assist Inc., Treasurer & Board Reporting
- Kingston Hawthorn Cricket Club, Past Sponsor
- Baden Powell Cricket Club, Past Sponsor & Coach for Junior Women’s Cricket Team
- Carrum Downs Cricket Club, Past Sponsor & Coach of under 12, 14, and 16 Boy’s team